Re: [Shop-talk] Is this thing still on? <Thanksgiving and Leaf Blowers>

To: eric@megageek.com, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Is this thing still on? <Thanksgiving and Leaf Blowers>
From: Brian Kemp via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 21:42:15 -0800
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=Zghxour+/VdrW4RBSatjqCzwpBiPrMhb9iLdZ/Bq9agz7hgmbthzu4eCSzpEfU9t41EJqAeppRDxs+HfjegYyBFGx6N923aLeIwwYlF3o3mLqENvxkyhf/Hjej3U3ov4b0ozxMKvvqJRmVsbqxknMVIilIpIm8TOc/bt+dNLRBABtBI76lmhZD0krODzA+Mctm3oFN0LRR7/5kWw9QEy6SdJZ/X/d2jjk3vqY4oqK46IiMHiihnlhdGmfJJehQjePct6kEegcGEw3U7Nr1lSfo/cM+3Vy4MrQ+t4WUdSrGd3AXIkdwQ2GNlNW/r2iL/Awae/xUj03PfmWOrxua1IMg==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;

--------------944A2C89F752013737A9C582

Eric - I have a Stihl BR 500 backpack blower.  The local air quality
management district (California thing) had a blower exchange for
landscapers and sold/discounted this model - less emissions and lower
noise then the older two stroke blowers most of us hate to hear.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br500/

I normally put in ear plugs, but for a quick use, you can get away
without them.  It actually seems quieter than my electric blower. I've
only used TruFuel and had no problems in the three years I've had the
blower.

Best to buy from a local dealer with products like this.  Does not
appear to be sold on Amazon.

Echo has a similar product.  I recommend a blower with the throttle on
the blower so your left hand is free to pick something up or move
something out of the way.  The other design is one hand to hold the
blower tube and the other for the throttle.

Brian

On 12/1/2019 3:44 PM, eric--- via Shop-talk wrote:
> Hey, this list has been real quite lately.
>
> I just got home from a 6 month EPIC build with the Army.  Experience
> of a lifetime!
>
> I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Again, I give thanks for
> the awesome brain trust here!  (and as soon as I get this email back
> with the donate link, I plan to drop some 'thanks' on the moderator!)
>
> One question, in my quest to always buy tools when they are going on
> clearance, I'm in the market for a backpack leaf blower.
>
> Price is not really a limiting factor, but I want POWER!!!  Any
> suggestions?  It seems that leaf blowers play the 'air compressor'
> game and claim ridiculous stats with no one holding their feet to the
> fire.
>
> Any suggestions?  I plan to buy right away.  I normally use Amazon but
> if there is a place other that Amazon to get it, let me know.
>
> Thanks again and I hope all is well!
>

> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Tech Viper
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------944A2C89F752013737A9C582

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    Eric - I have a Stihl BR 500 backpack blower.  The local air quality
    management district (California thing) had a blower exchange for
    landscapers and sold/discounted this model - less emissions and
    lower noise then the older two stroke blowers most of us hate to
    hear.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br500/";>https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br500/</a><br>
    I normally put in ear plugs, but for a quick use, you can get away
    without them.  It actually seems quieter than my electric blower.
    I've only used TruFuel and had no problems in the three years I've
    had the blower.<br>
    Best to buy from a local dealer with products like this.  Does not
    appear to be sold on Amazon.<br>
    Echo has a similar product.  I recommend a blower with the throttle
    on the blower so your left hand is free to pick something up or move
    something out of the way.  The other design is one hand to hold the
    blower tube and the other for the throttle.<br>
    Brian<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OF522EFBA9.92439E5E-ON852584C3.0081D7C5-852584C3.008264FD@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        list has
        been real quite lately.</span>
        home
        from a 6 month EPIC build with the Army.  Experience of a
        lifetime!</span>
        everyone
        had a great Thanksgiving.  Again, I give thanks for the awesome
        brain
        trust here!  (and as soon as I get this email back with the
        donate
        link, I plan to drop some 'thanks' on the moderator!)</span>
        in my quest to always buy tools when they are going on
        clearance, I'm in
        the market for a backpack leaf blower.</span>
        really
        a limiting factor, but I want POWER!!!  Any suggestions?  It
        seems that leaf blowers play the 'air compressor' game and claim
        ridiculous
        stats with no one holding their feet to the fire.</span>
        suggestions?
         I plan to buy right away.  I normally use Amazon but if there
        is a place other that Amazon to get it, let me know.</span>
        and
        I hope all is well!</span>
        Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
        Tech Viper<br>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</span>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"