Re: [Shop-talk] Synth and conventional oil question (Time sensitive ques

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Synth and conventional oil question (Time sensitive question) and *free beer (or coffee)
From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:25:02 -0700

--------------109B54A96179AB8ABE8B669B

Oh, forgot to mention, full syn /might/ leak a little more than dino or
semi-syn, so you might want to check it occasionally and carry a quart
of whatever the oil change place put in.
Bob

On 8/30/2019 9:09 PM, Bob Spidell via Shop-talk wrote:
> Ford almost always uses their 5W-20 syn blend:
>
> *https://tinyurl.com/yyyjo6vj*
>
> My '08 Mustang GT used it and my '19 GT do to, inc. free dealership
> oil changes 'for life.'  For a long trek, I'd use the syn.
>
> Bob
>
> On 8/30/2019 5:17 PM, eric--- via Shop-talk wrote:
>> My 2015 Explorer and me are in Phoenix, AZ* for a another month. I wanted to
>> get an oil change prior to returning to NJ.
>>
>> Here is the problem. Ford states that it uses a 'synthetic blend' oil. I
>> don't know what the dealer used last, as all my records are still in NJ and
>> it was under a free dealership oil change when I did the last one. (Normally
>> I do my own.)
>>
>> The place I can get the oil changed at does either full synthetic or full
>> conventional oil.
>>
>> Since I'll be putting another 500 miles on the truck out here, before I trek
>> another 3000 miles across the country, what oil should I use? I don't know
>> if it even makes a difference. But there is extreme heat out here (but it's
>> cooling off now.)
>>
>> I'm having the shop do this Sunday so I need to make a decision soon.
>>
>> *BTW, any Phoenix shop-talkers want to get together for a beer/coffee this
>> weekend? I'm buying!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
>> Tech Viper
>> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
>> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
>> Emerson
>> -Who is John Galt?

--------------109B54A96179AB8ABE8B669B

  <head>
  </head>
    Oh, forgot to mention, full syn <i>might</i> leak a little more
    than dino or semi-syn, so you might want to check it occasionally
    and carry a quart of whatever the oil change place put in.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:d3747c10-2b94-ae95-0d9d-66090677e03a@comcast.net">
      Ford almost always uses their 5W-20 syn blend:<br>
      <b><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
          href="https://tinyurl.com/yyyjo6vj";
      My '08 Mustang GT used it and my '19 GT do to, inc. free
      dealership oil changes 'for life.'  For a long trek, I'd use the
      syn.<br>
      Bob<br>
        Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OF0A7E51A9.04536A0E-ON85258467.00007480-85258467.00019FEC@mail.megageek.com">
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">My 2015 Explorer and me are in
[...]

</pre>

--------------109B54A96179AB8ABE8B669B--

--===============7776532908220790974==

--===============7776532908220790974==--