Re: [Shop-talk] Synth and conventional oil question (Time sensitive ques

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Synth and conventional oil question (Time sensitive question) and *free beer (or coffee)
From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:09:12 -0700

--------------D54D407DCE914EA2D7088B55

Ford almost always uses their 5W-20 syn blend:

*https://tinyurl.com/yyyjo6vj*

My '08 Mustang GT used it and my '19 GT do to, inc. free dealership oil
changes 'for life.'  For a long trek, I'd use the syn.

Bob

On 8/30/2019 5:17 PM, eric--- via Shop-talk wrote:
> My 2015 Explorer and me are in Phoenix, AZ* for a another month. I wanted to
> get an oil change prior to returning to NJ.
>
> Here is the problem. Ford states that it uses a 'synthetic blend' oil. I
> don't know what the dealer used last, as all my records are still in NJ and
> it was under a free dealership oil change when I did the last one. (Normally
> I do my own.)
>
> The place I can get the oil changed at does either full synthetic or full
> conventional oil.
>
> Since I'll be putting another 500 miles on the truck out here, before I trek
> another 3000 miles across the country, what oil should I use? I don't know if
> it even makes a difference. But there is extreme heat out here (but it's
> cooling off now.)
>
> I'm having the shop do this Sunday so I need to make a decision soon.
>
> *BTW, any Phoenix shop-talkers want to get together for a beer/coffee this
> weekend? I'm buying!
>
> Thanks.
>

> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Tech Viper
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
> Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------D54D407DCE914EA2D7088B55

  <head>
  </head>
    Ford almost always uses their 5W-20 syn blend:<br>
    <b><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
    My '08 Mustang GT used it and my '19 GT do to, inc. free dealership
    oil changes 'for life.'  For a long trek, I'd use the syn.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OF0A7E51A9.04536A0E-ON85258467.00007480-85258467.00019FEC@mail.megageek.com">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">My 2015 Explorer and me are in
[...]

</pre>

--------------D54D407DCE914EA2D7088B55--

--===============2404604476035066288==

--===============2404604476035066288==--