Re: [Shop-talk] adding to a 4-way switch circuit.

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] adding to a 4-way switch circuit.
From: Randall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 18:32:59 -0700
Cc: 'Shop-talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
You probably don't want the opener to, in effect, act like another 4-way
switch, since that would turn the lights off if they were already on.  So
instead, I suggest wiring the opener output so it will power the set of
lights directly, skipping all of the 4-way switch stuff.  Should be simpler
anyway.  Mine has a relay output for that exact purpose, but I don't know if
they all do.  If not, pick up a SPST relay with a 110vac coil, and power it
from the light in the opener.

If you do want it to act like another 4-way switch, then you'll need a DPDT
relay, wired like a DC reversing switch.

-- Randall