Re: [Shop-talk] Pipe/tube size

To: "Jeff Scarbrough" <fishplate@gmail.com>, <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pipe/tube size
From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA via Shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 17:50:00 -0700
Jeff
Sorry, I don't know exactly "what" it is, but I know exactly what
you're talking about since I SHORTENED my leg on my commercial
sink last year (sorry 'bout that)!  In my case, IIRC, the socket on the
underside of the sink is a sloppy fit, but it has a set screw on the
side that firmly locates the leg and keeps it from being wobbly.
The adjustable bottom floor fitting on the let fits inside the tube
so that's the critical measurement.  Also, in many places the adjustable
feet are rather expensive, but I kept looking and eventually found
a source for 1/3 or 1/4 the cost quoted by others.  Again, sorry
but I don't recall the source.  I spent some time with Google, etc.
and found the better source.
Good luck!
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA