Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls
From: Randall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:28:39 -0700
Cc: "'Shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
In some cases, even a phone number is not required!

I used to have an old dial-type phone mounted on the wall in the garage,
wired into the house phone line.  I left it there even after having the
house service disconnected.  It didn't even have a dial tone!  And our old
number was quickly reassigned to someone else.

But it would still ring every once in a great while.  If I answered, it
would be some sort of political advertisement recording.

My theory is that the political campaign had some kind of deal with the
local exchange, to place calls from their switch directly to all connected
lines, even those not provisioned with a number.

-- Randall

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk