Re: [Shop-talk] Storing garden hoses

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Storing garden hoses
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:07:58 -0500

arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Thanks for the suggestions.<br><br>A little
research on my part may
have helped. It seem like the diameter of the garden hose "package" when you
buy it nicely coiled up in the store is around 15 inches. I am assuming
that I have neither the skills nor the patience to to re-coil it as neatly as
the manufacturer did. I therefore am assuming the solution will need to
have at least a 15 inch inside diameter.<br><br>5 gallon buckets are about 12
inches, but I will give it a try this weekend based on the price and
availability of 5 gallon buckets though I am not optimistic [see previous skill
and patience disclaimer]. <br><br>Sonotube may also work. Home Depot
has 16 inch ... actually Quik-Tube from Quickrete ... for $15 that may work.
The SawsAll will make the 48 inch long tube into four 12 inch tubes and
I'd have to fabricate a bottom for each but some 1/4 hardboard and construction
adhesive may resolve that challenge.<br><br>Plastic garbage cans seem
to fit the dimension requirements. Menard's has Rubbermaid Heavy Duty 32 gallon
for $10 after rebate ... complete with an impressive Menard's logo on
them!!!. The challenge there is how to store 6 hoses in a way that would allow
random access to any individual hose. The 6 buckets and a SawsAll
session to cut them down to a reasonable size solution seems a little wasteful.
However, If the 5 gallon buckets don't work out and the Quik-Tube
looks like to much work then buying a few buckets, calling it done and moving
on to something I really do want to work on may be the best
solution.<br><br>Thanks again for the suggestions and I'll let you know what

--===============6762968368099350798==

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============6762968368099350798==--