Re: [Shop-talk] Mice

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mice
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 11:43:33 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 7 Dec 2016, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> If not, the other method I use is the TomCat baits at Tractor Supply. (I'm
> sure you can get them elsewhere.)

    My house had mice when I bought it, but my cat took care of them in
short order, and then my neighbors' mice, and then all the chipmunks in
the neighborhood, most of the rabbits, a number of squirrels, and lots of
birds.  He was a psychopath ;)  He often left the headless corpses in my
garage.  Sometimes just the head.

    So there are pros and cons to the barn cat approach.

    A couple years after he died, I noticed mouse droppings in my boat
shed.  These Tomcat traps worked well enough to stave off that invasion,
and I've seen no evidence since.  My mice liked peanut butter, as bait.

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N6XKV4I/>

--
  David Hillman