[Shop-talk] Mice

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Mice
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 18:33:19 -0600

--001a113ee5e2528a6c054306adc1

Guys,

I left my house in earlier this fall for an extended work trip. I got back
a week ago. Gone maybe...three months total?

I had gnats in the fridge. I'm not sure how I managed that but I cleaned
everything out and haven't seen them again.

I also have a mouse problem in the kitchen. I didn't see any evidence of
mice when I got home initially, but I left a chocolate bar on the kitchen
counter the second night (wrapped in its wrapper, sealed) and the mouse ate
through the wrapper.

I put out spring mice traps--the mouse ate the bait and didn't spring the
trap.

I put out glue traps. The thing flipped over the trap and clearly was stuck
to it, but got away.

I've seen the thing once--it looks tiny. There might be many (in fact, I
assume there are), but I've just seen the one.

I'm not real excited about poisoning it and having it (or them) die in the
walls.

I have no idea how they're getting up on the counter to start with--I don't
see any openings in anything and I can't believe the thing is crawling up
the side of the counter, but whatever. I just want it/them done for.

Any ideas about how to go about it? Am I baiting the trap wrong? More glue
traps?

I'm leaving again until after new years--the house will be cold enough that
I don't mind a dead mouse in a trap while I'm gone (and people will be
checking the house for me, this time).

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Scott

--001a113ee5e2528a6c054306adc1

all for an extended work trip. I got back a week ago. Gone maybe...three mo=
 sure how I managed that but I cleaned everything out and haven&#39;t seen =
chen. I didn&#39;t see any evidence of mice when I got home initially, but =
I left a chocolate bar on the kitchen counter the second night (wrapped in =
 put out spring mice traps--the mouse ate the bait and didn&#39;t spring th=
iv><div>I&#39;m not real excited about poisoning it and having it (or them)=
getting up on the counter to start with--I don&#39;t see any openings in an=
ything and I can&#39;t believe the thing is crawling up the side of the cou=
Any ideas about how to go about it? Am I baiting the trap wrong? More glue =
--the house will be cold enough that I don&#39;t mind a dead mouse in a tra=
p while I&#39;m gone (and people will be checking the house for me, this ti=

--001a113ee5e2528a6c054306adc1--

--===============0675307139220869802==

--===============0675307139220869802==--