Re: [Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools
From: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 12:53:38 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Bob,

I've been using DeWalt cordless stuff since the 14.4v stuff was new. I now have
18v tools and really like them. The new, lighter batteries are great!

I had a few 18v Milwaukee tools for a while but they didn't live up to my
expectations. Our Habitat electrical crew used to use them too but had too much
trouble with reliability so they changed to DeWalt.

Several things to consider:
Newer, higher voltage tools are great but they cost more.

Consider factory refurbished tools, much cheaper. (I bought a 1/2" drill, 1/4"
impact driver, 2 XLR batteries case @ a charger for $110.)

Whatever brand you select, buy tools that use the same battery. That way you
can buy a few batteries, 1 charger & bare tools. Much cheaper that way.

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity