Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor took a dump.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor took a dump.
From: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 19:01:41 -0700
Thanks for the replies, especially the first one from Michael Porter; it
appears it WAS the unloader valve.  When I blew it down for the first
"test" yesterday I only ran the pressure down enough for the pressuer
switch to try to start.  Today I went out and ran the tank completely
empty and then turned the  compressor over by hand; it turned relatively
freely, and started up fine when I closed the disconnect.  I hosed off
the outside of the unloader valve with electrical cleaner; it was
somewhat gunked up, as well as the pressure switch guts.  It seems to be
working fine now but I'll probably order a new unloader.