Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor took a dump.

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor took a dump.
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:00:32 -0700
Cc: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
> If you blow it down does it turn freely? If so it sounds like
> the pressure relief is not working.

I think Pat is talking about the unloader valve that typically vents the line
between the compressor and the tank when the
compressor is not running; so the compressor does not have to push against full
tank pressure while the motor is getting started.
Makes sense to me.  Easy test might be to disconnect the outlet at the
compressor head and see if it turns then.

Randall