Re: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:40:50 -0800
Cc: "shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
References: <CAOtbU9XVG9vANFGMU84KGwKcpG-dUyDoKkMuKQB4ejgjMtke9A@mail.gmail.com> s=q20140121; t=1454301652; bh=9JHZpGXcCKuO4VCh5jBszFYRqAKYHNCvyMuaRnsEIe8=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id; b=KxxE/D1782AWUpUHu6lT872HK1NgJFqPhkt6aKFqqdtH071y30TWSuGmlBebAzNVZ 734tJciLTnRTnFwVAZNN1pourTboxN9utZxRwqmEvxuVCbg8MHWcPu+pqFF01PUDIk Vy8u4ed8RX6QiMvTfk2wEAT0K8fserFR5nEjlyjMlHw7xr3onjxSgLPINQw+FveMFs WpHWkNBEJGJs5pgJkOio7tZBoWjwiFgyAcFiG3BUVTO0gzpmuCVuUrBmDLLaXRwnf5 Lll3o9hQ745EgitNH+9mVaGBYD1ZUY6XvfzCe1Twj852R7PQOGIUHoP/TikLbVVWle lkVCWt/fzvz+w==
In Munich a couple of years ago, I saw a hotel employee vacuuming the halls,
using a canister vacuum with a hose and wand. The notable feature was that it
was cordless! I've been unable to find such a vacuum through searching the
Internet.

I've seen a line of rechargeable tools, E-Go, at Home Depot, that uses a
55-volt (or so) battery system. I bought the hedge trimmer, and it is a super
tool, with 45 minutes of use before you have to recharge it. It seems like that
system would lend itself to such a vacuum. That is on my wish list.

In my own home, I have an in-wall vacuum system, where the hoses retract into
the wall when you're done with them. You just release the locking collar at the
wall and put your hand over the nozzle. Zip. Gone.

- Bill Rabel
  Anacortes, WA