Re: [Shop-talk] Floor scraper...but it's not that easy

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Floor scraper...but it's not that easy
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 17:38:09 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 3 Nov 2015, Scott Hall wrote:
> I'll measure it to be sure, but this stuff is about 12 inches square, and
> it looks like the mid-'80s stuff my mom had in her kitchen. The stuff on
> top looks like 1990s era stuff. Also about a foot square.

    Measuring is not a fool-proof way to distinguish.  I can't believe
someone suggested that.

<http://inspectapedia.com/hazmat/Asbestos_Floor_Tile_ID.php>

    There exist tiles of many sizes with asbestos.  That link lists many,
but I'm not sure that's definitive either.

    If they crumble into a white powder, that's probably asbestos, and you
don't want to be breathing that dust.  Neither does anyone you hire to
remove them, so it'll cost a couple grand.

--
  David Hillman