Re: [Shop-talk] Floor scraper...but it's not that easy

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Floor scraper...but it's not that easy
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 13:49:58 -0800
On 11/3/2015 1:29 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
> As was mentioned, beware of asbestos tile. The easiest way to identify it is
> that asbestos tile us usually 8" or 9" size, where vinyl is usually 12"
> tile.

A dozen years ago when we did some significant remodeling we found tile
on the slab under the carpet in a couple rooms, from when the house was
built in 1964/65.

Sent samples out for asbestos testing and found that while the tiles did
not contain friable asbestos, the adhesive did.

The bunny-suit crew was out here at 8AM, taped off the rooms, hooked up
the blower, suited up, busted and scraped all the tile out, gave me the
chain-of-custody paperwork on the shipper and disposal, and was gone by
early afternoon.  I don't recall it being memorably expensive.

John.