Re: [Shop-talk] Next question: what the $%^& is this thing?

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Next question: what the $%^& is this thing?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:00:56 -0400
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Should I replace it with something?  I'm a big fan of not having electrical
fires (and the wiring on the underside of the floorboards shows evidence of
knob-and-tube through modern insulated copper, just woven together--I need
to just re-do the whole house), so I feel like something keeping the 220v
circuit safe is a good idea. I mean, there's a modern-looking whole-house
breaker box on the other side of the basement, but in the spirit of 'no
electrical fire' I'm willing to add some overkill.