[Shop-talk] Weird Rotor Issue

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Weird Rotor Issue
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:18:37 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 04/17/2015 13:18:39, Serialize complete at 04/17/2015 13:18:39
Hello,

The SO's car is a Toyota MR2 Spider  (05).  She doesn't drive it alot and
it sat all winter in WV under a carport roof.

Now, the brakes are making some noise and the car isn't stopping properly
(it takes longer to stop and there is speed related intermittent noise.)

Here is the weird part, I know that rotors can get rusty without use, and
that is most likely what happened here.  The problem is that even after
lots of driving, the edges of the rotors are still pitted and it looks
like only the insides of the pads are stopping the car.

So, I was planning on flushing the brake fluid and driving it some more to
see if that take care of the problem.  OR do I need to put new rotors on
this car?  The pads still have plenty of meat on them.

SO is returning to WV on Weds, so I need to do this quick.  What's the
wisdom here think is the safest option? (Toyota rotors are ridiculously
over priced and don't want to replace all four if I don't need to.)

Here are two photos of the rotors...
>http://tinyurl.com/weirdrotor<

Thanks!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson