Re: [Shop-talk] Weird Rotor Issue

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Weird Rotor Issue
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:30:01 -0400
On Apr 17, 2015, at 1:18 PM, eric@megageek.com wrote:

> The problem is that even after
> lots of driving, the edges of the rotors are still pitted and it looks
> like only the insides of the pads are stopping the car.

You may be SOL given the time constraint, but you may have answered yourself-
if the outer pads aren't working, not only will you have less braking power,
but they won't be wiping the rotors clean. Sound like the pistons froze up, or
the caliper isn't floating on its pins.

Have the calipers ever been replaced/rebuilt? If not I'd bite the bullet
replace everything. Esp in the mountains of WV.

jim