Re: [Shop-talk] 4-post lift thoughts

To: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler1@gmail.com>, "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 4-post lift thoughts
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 20:57:19 -0500
X_cmae_category: , , a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:17 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=xwPayol1AAAA:8 a=lIgwZNRxHF1h93jN1pEA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=RNSrd1qWzxk0_0KG:21 a=WnBLeK0us-TBBlFt:21 a=I0wsP0/ub+0M/VQyKFHlEA==:117
> Anyone have a 4-post lift that has the trays and if so how well do you
> like them?

Since a four post lift excels at storage, it seems like drip trays are a
good idea!

I have a Direct Lift ProPark 9 - I bought that model because it has ramps a
few inches wider than other models. This allows it to fit the narrow track
of my smaller cars (MGA, Alfa Romeo) and also my F250 pick-up.

> My platforms can be adjusted out to almost 9' outside edge to outside edge
> and can also be moved together to where they touch each other.  That's why
> I've struggled with what to do about leakage trays.

I thought about a lift with a moveable ramp but that makes both drip trays &
a jacking bridge problematic.

For your lift with moveable ramps, how about a few spring tension shower
curtain poles? They could be fairly easily adjusted for the varying ramp
widths and could then support a few light weight drip trays.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC