Re: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:18:00 -0400
All the advice about lubricating rollers and checking for binding is
all good and worthwhile to do.  However, with my Chamberlain openers,
when the light blinks and it refuses to close, it means the safety
beam system is detecting an obstruction.  It could be a beam
alignment issue, it could be dirt or something on the lens.  It could
be a fault in the circuit board.  In my experience, though, it is
never related to the door binding.  On my openers the door may
reverse because of binding, but this does not  cause the light to
blink.  The fact that the  problem went away for a week when the
service guy came leads me to believe that it is not a fault in the
board.  It is more likely to be a beam alignment or cleaning issue.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net