Re: [Shop-talk] A mini drill press that doesn't suck?

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] A mini drill press that doesn't suck?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:15:20 -0400
Cc: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I was browsing, and here are a couple of reviews on a Rockwell 10" benchtop
drill press:

*The RK7032 is a superior machine. The low price should not dissuade you
from considering getting one for yourself. You will discover that the unit
runs smoothly, quietly without noticeable vibration. *

vs.:

*I looked at several options for bench drill presses and landed on the
Rockwell. I wish I was able to inspect this drill press before purchasing
as I would not have made the purchase. The drill press at first glance
appears well made, but then I started to drill. The deal breaker for me was
the lack of precision in the drill arm. As you begin to lower the drill,
the arm has far to much "slop" making the drill bit wander off your
intended target. I plan on returning this unit. I could of just gone to
Harbor Freight for a cheap drill press that is made in China. *

This is why I would not buy a unit that I could not test in the store.

Doug