Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Follow up on skidding trailer AND a new question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Follow up on skidding trailer AND a new question about the Harbor Freight 16 ton Pipe bender
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 07:09:51 -0500
If you go with the thinner wall, I'd suggest substituting a short length of
heavy, next-size-up tubing for the slider, rather than just a ring.  A ring
will present almost a point load to the tube and over time tend to dent it
in places, hampering the sliding action and eventually causing a bend and
failure.

Karl