Re: [Shop-talk] Fwd: Re: Well water hammer?

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fwd: Re: Well water hammer?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:47:27 -0400
Resending to the actual list...

On Aug 26, 2014, at 2:45 PM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> Ok, the good news is, there was only 18 psi in there. The bad news is, it
lost 22 psi over the past year. So while I regained the water pressure I
hadn't really noticed was gone, it looks like this tank may be exiting it's
mortal coil. It's a 2003 Welltrol 203, tall & skinny and a model reputed to
have issues.

> The tank also expelled a bunch of air upon emptying, probably because when I
removed the inlet pipe, the broken, or lack of, a check valve at the pump
allowed all the water to drain back. It doesn't seem like this was a factor in
the water hammer though, because the hammer still there. Switch clicks, wait a
2 count, and bang and the gauge goes bouncy.

> Unless you all have any more ideas, I'll let it run a few days and let any
air still in the water side make its way out, see if anything changes. I
really hope the pump isn't going...