Re: [Shop-talk] Cell phone signal boosters

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cell phone signal boosters
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:31:32 -0400
Cc: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I have the ATT MicroCell. It also requires broadband (I have a cablemodem).
It has worked really well for us for over 2 years now, and given your house
is under 1000 sq feet, it would cover your entire house without difficulty.

It will only provide coverage to ATT phones that you specifically add to an
access list. I bought mine on eBay for much less than the ATT retail price
of $200.

I should have gone with the zBoost John suggested (or Wilson DB Pro or
other 2-way amplifier). It is carrier-agnostic (though you will want to
ensure it operates in the band(s) that your phones require. You could need
850MHz, 1900MHz, or one of several LTE bands. All depends on where your
house is located. If you are using wi-fi at your house, you shouldn't be
impacted by any 3G speed limitation that might be present in the amplifier.

-Peter