Re: [Shop-talk] Cell phone signal boosters

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cell phone signal boosters
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:30:01 -0400
I have the Verizon version.  They call it a network extender.  You
have to have broadband service through your cable TV or FIOS or
whatever.  The device plugs into your broadband and basically acts as
a mini cell site for your house, sending the calls over the
internet.  I am pretty happy with it.  Cell phone works much better
now.  It requires a GPS signal, so the network extender must be
located somewhere where that is possible.  The GPS antenna can be a
few feet away, but you can't put it someplace like the
basement.  Verizon charges you once for the device and doesn't charge
any monthly fee, which is good.  I found that when I called to
complain about my cell service, they did some checks and ultimately
offered me the network extender at a considerable discount.  I don't
think it will help you with your AT&T phone, though.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net