Re: [Shop-talk] Computer sound problem

To: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Computer sound problem
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 17:15:36 -0400
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
The ISO idea would help to test the hardware.
I'm not Win7 saavy (and don't care to be) but you may want to look into
reinstalling or updating the sound driver. I'm sure there are guides to this
on the googles. Windows might try to auto detect and reinstall a new copy of
the one you have or find a new one for you on the internet. If the hardware is
unknown it may not be easy.
For the scan line, that could also be a driver issue or the monitor (crt, I
assume?) is going bad.  Or maybe the refresh rate is off in Windows.  You
could try some of the reset stuff on the monitor menu, degauss, etc.
-PJ