[Shop-talk] Rotary air compressor design question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Rotary air compressor design question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:23:19 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/24/2013 17:23:16, Serialize complete at 12/24/2013 17:23:16
OK, here is the setup.  A buddy of mine needs an air compressor that
delivers over 60CFM at 50psi (he closes sprinklers)

He bought a rotary compressor that delivers 60cfm @ 110 PSI.

There will be no tank in the setup (it's going to be trailer mounted.)
It's powered by a gas engine.

So, a typical regulator would set down the psi and the compressor will
turn 'off'.  But this unit is designed to run full bore with no limiter or
idle control.

So, how can he step down the PSI while maintaining the CFMs, when he can't
stop the compressor? (and there is no tank to act as a reservoir?)

I'm guess it's going to need some sort of TPI bypass value or something?

Any ideas?

To my fellow Christians, Merry Christmas. To everyone else, have a
wonderful and joyous Holiday Season!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson