Re: [Shop-talk] HF Predator engines

To: w <wc5813@gmail.com>, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF Predator engines
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:13:38 -0800
Please include the list on any replies.  I have  a 1994 Sears
chipper-shredder with a 5hp B&S industrial plus engine from a yard sale
that was left with old gas for a long time.  I replaced the fuel lines
and rebuilt the carb, including replacing the inlet valve/seat and now
it idles, but does not run well without the choke.   I have brand new
fuel I'm going to try this weekend as a final option, since I'm using
California gas and the existing gas is about 6 months old.

I'm interested in the same option.  I'm trying to save the B&S as it has
parts available, but if I have to do much more to the engine, it might
be worth switching to the HF Predator for $100 and getting a little
extra horsepower.  As near as I can tell, my chipper has the same bits
other than the engine as an 8hp model, so I'm not too concerned about
anything being overloaded.

One thing I noticed about the Predator I looked at in the store was that
it didn't have a fuel disconnect.

Brian with lots of trimming to do