Re: [Shop-talk] HF Predator engines

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF Predator engines
From: w <wc5813@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 22:35:06 -0500
> good luck with the HF engines, I don't think you'll be disappointed

Hey Guys, Month old thread but was wondering about the Harbor freight
small engines myself.

I have an old (probably late 80's) Sears / MTD chipper-shredder with a
Tecumseh 5hp engine that's not worth saving.

Would one of these H.F. Predator things be a bolt-in replacement?
http://tinyurl.com/pvk8ftk
They have two "6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engines" for
$100, looks like one has CARB cert'. Got the manual on one and it has
mounting dimensions, but I haven't torn mine down to measure how close
it is.

I realize that's a vague question, but thought maybe it was one of those
things standard acress many manufacturers.

-Thanks, Wayne