Re: [Shop-talk] Battery charger

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery charger
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:22:38 -0800
On 11/24/2013 2:27 PM, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
> I've had this one for a few years and like it ...
>
> http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200404864_200404864

I have one of those as well, replaced a Black and Decker (Vector) that
just magically stopped working one time.

The one thing the Vector had, that this one does not and I miss it, is a
manually-selectable desulfate cycle.  With this one it won't start the
desulfate cycle until it tries and fails for a couple hours to charge
the battery normally.

I know the hard-core battery types laugh at the idea that what these
chargers do is really 'desulfating' but it does seem to work, the Vector
had recovered 3-4 batteries for me that would not hold a charge in the
car including the big group 49 thing that came out of my M5 ~7 years ago
and, after two passes through the desulfate cycle on the Vector, has
been my jump-start battery ever since.

John.