Re: [Shop-talk] autobody work forum?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] autobody work forum?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:04:26 -0700
Brian Kemp wrote:

> If you want a serious education on body work, check with a community
> college or vocational center as they may have a course available.

Some years ago a couple of the professors from the U and I took an
evening body shop class
at a local high school.  First session was in a classroom, this old guy
sat up front and rambled
on about the shop rules, safety, blah blah blah.  Very dry, boring, we
were all wondering what
we got ourselves into.

One of the profs with me brought in a fender from his Model A truck.
After the lecture, which
seemed to go on forever, the gentleman was open to questions.  When Gary
handed him that
fender, it was quite a transformation - just running his fingers over
the metal he spouted off
things that he could tell about the piece and what work was needed where
that were way
beyond our talents.  And he looked much happier doing that than the
boring old lecture.

It was a good class.

mjb.