Re: [Shop-talk] stupid cell phone question

To: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] stupid cell phone question
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:21:54 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Dave-

If you travel up to Canada enough, it might be worth it to pick up a cheap
unlocked flip phone like those discussed earlier in the thread, and just
get the Rogers prepaid SIM. The talk/text Rodgers plan I thought might fit
you best still had a CA$ 0.75/mo fee, but with a minimum top-up amount of
$20 and pretty reasonable per-minute rates. If you were to drop $100 in, it
would last a year. Otherwise, you can drop in increments down to CA$10 or
CA$20, depending on the "plan" you wanted.

There is conflicting info on whether the Tracfone will work in Cananda or
not, though I'm inclined to believe the forum answers supplied by Tracfone
reps...

https://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6200&t=182655&p=443124&hilit=canada#p443124

Less than $60/year to have a US domestic mobile phone available if needed
is indeed a good deal, Doug!

-Peter