Re: [Shop-talk] Eaton compressors?

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eaton compressors?
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:41:46 -0500
I do not have any experience with Eaton but the picture ... even down to the
sight glass for the oil level ... and the specifications of the compressor
in the link look exactly like the one that I have on the model I518VC2
compressor I bought from
http://www.aircompressorsplus.com/Air-Compressors/Industrial-Series/.

I have had the compressor for a number of years. It is in the basement and
with the air intake muffler installed ... looks like this but came with the
compressor and not from Grainger ...
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SOLBERG-InletDischarge-Silencers-3TKZ2?Pid=search

... to address the intake noise it is quiet enough that Bev has never said
anything about it.

Performance is all I will ever need and maintenance is a "change the oil
ever 300 hours of use", or about every three or four years in my case.

Arvid