Re: [Shop-talk] nylocks

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] nylocks
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:03:14 -0400 a=P2oOn6vrs4wA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:17 a=zo8hvysWAAAA:8 a=hOpmn2quAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=xwPayol1AAAA:8 a=Y8dB46QTyoFyTBmQR3gA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=hQGYSrWfYs8A:10 a=hUswqBWy9Q8A:10 a=0Ob1RWNGeVAA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
How warm (hot) does the linkage get? I suspect that nylock nuts will loose
their grip if they get hot enough to soften the plastic insert.

There is a different version that uses a deformed section of thread instead
of the plastic insert. I think Stiff Nut is a trade name.

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/restore/rt104d.htm

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC