[Shop-talk] stupid cell phone question

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] stupid cell phone question
From: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:20:04 -0700
I have relatively modest cell phone needs.  I use a cheap (free)
Tracfone and buy more minutes once a year.  It works for what I need but
doesn't work in Canada, at least, not reliably.  Since I live in WA I go
to Canada occasionally, usually on my motorcycle, and cell phone
coverage is kind of a nice thing to have.

Could I buy a cheap, unlocked GSM phone on Amazon, like this one, for
example,

> http://www.amazon.com/BLU-T190i-RD-Unlocked-Quad-Band-Bluetooth/dp/B00AA6WTOO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1377457163&sr=8-8&keywords=unlocked+gsm+phone

put the SIM card from my Tracfone in it, and then buy a prepaid SIM card
in Canada?  If yes, do the phone number and  minutes I have accumulated
on my US Tracfone reside on the sim card, and will the phone number and
minutes just transfer on to the new phone?