[Shop-talk] Toughest EE question ever asked here.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Toughest EE question ever asked here.
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 12:06:08 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 05/02/2013 12:06:11, Serialize complete at 05/02/2013 12:06:11
OK, it's a stretch to say this is shop related, but IF I can get it to
work, it will be lots of 'cred' for me at work!  8>)

I work at a building that requires proximity cards at just about every
door.  That means lots of swiping all day long.  Of course everyone wears
their card around their neck or on little pull chains.  I put mine in my
wallet.

The system we have is made by http://www.amerisys.com/

Here is the question.  I would love to be able to put my card in my cell
phone case and just use that to swipe the readers.  Problem...

The phone interferes with the reader's ability to read the card.  In fact,
if I put a piece of aluminum foil behind the card (and my phone is no
where near it), the reader can't read it.

I've also tried a product like this
http://www.idstronghold.com/Secure-Sleeve-for-Passports-IDSH1002-001-/productinfo/IDSH1002-001/

 .

But if I have that *behind* the card (meaning not between the card and
reader) it still doesn't read the card.

So, to the question, What can I put between my cell phone and card to make
the card reader still see the card?  It needs to be thin.

If someone can get me the answer, I'll make a donation to autox.team.net
in their name!

I know there are EE's out there that can answer this.

Thanks!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson