Re: [Shop-talk] Did I kill my mower?

To: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Did I kill my mower?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:47:32 -0500
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Apr 22, 2013, at 8:57 PM, Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com> wrote:

> Do  you think the engine's toast?  If so, do you think it would it be
economical to have Kubota rebuild it?  (Yes, it's well within my skill set to
rebuild it.  No, I'm not going to.  Other than routine maintenance,  I'm done
wrenching on small gas engines.)  Other options?

Change the filter, put some good oil in it, fix the carb, and mow. If you've
damaged the engine, it's not going to br cheaper to fix now, than it will be
when it's totally toast. If you haven't, you're worrying too much.