Re: [Shop-talk] Repairing plastic - weld or glue?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Repairing plastic - weld or glue?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:36:36 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 03/19/2013 08:36:39, Serialize complete at 03/19/2013 08:36:39
Jim,

If you have a place close to you (there are a few around, I know of one in
NYC) but you can go in to a hacker space and use their 3D printer.  They
print in ABS and PLA plastics.

I'm sure for a few "club Montes" (the unofficial soda of hacker spaces)
you can even get a regular there scan it and print it for you.  They can
even change the design to make it beefier.  (and you can get a copy of the
file to print out more later.

I'm thinking of buying a 3D printer myself, but I can't find one that
meets my needs.

Failing that, I'd love to hear how that plastic welder works.  I've seen
it many times and have been tempted myself.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson