[Shop-talk] Tool Cabinets, UPDATE with a question at the end

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Tool Cabinets, UPDATE with a question at the end
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 20:37:29 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 03/02/2013 20:38:46, Serialize complete at 03/02/2013 20:38:46
OK, so I was in Lowes today returning a carpet stretcher (found almost the
same one at Horrible Freight for half the price.)

ANYWAY, I got to looking at the tool cabinets.  Their 'top of the line' 18
draw 53" model was right there.  $1899, NO WAY.

So my, always wise, SO (who is doing much better- thanks for the support)
told me to ask the guy if there were any ones with dents in it on
clearance.

He shows me one about 1/2 the size for about $930.  I'm not interested. So
I get to asking him about the big one (you know, the one with the built in
electrical boxes and stereo system) and he asked me what I wanted to pay
for it.

I told him, as little as possible.  He asks me if a 20% discount would be
enough.  I tell him only if I can get my Veteran's discount and use my tax
free status on it (I am a farm and all my tools are not taxed.)

He says, "Sure".
I say, lets load it up. It was about $1360 even.

So I got this box...
>http://www.lowes.com/pd_351108-55738-TB53SS11_0__?productId=3439322&Ntt=tool+cabinets&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dtool%2Bcabinets&facetInfo=<

(Note, some of them come with refrigerators and that would be a complete
waste for me.  Mine doesn't have it.)

Now, I'm still in the market for cabinets, but not nearly as urgent.
(thanks for all the links.)

One last question, is there a 'logical' way to organize a big chest like
this?  I mean there are obvious things like most used tools at the
convenent level, but I was wondering if there was any pointers for someone
setting up a new box.  BEFORE I add all my stuff and then have to
rearrange it.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson