[Shop-talk] Tool cabinets

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Tool cabinets
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:42:12 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 03/02/2013 12:43:29, Serialize complete at 03/02/2013 12:43:29
OK, I'm thinking about upgrading my current shops work bench.

The area is my 'main' work surface.  Currently, I have a bunch of metal
cabinets that came out of a hospital's ER room. They are study, but they
don't hold alot of weight in the drawers.

So I was going to upgrade.

What I'm looking for is something like this...

>http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200581343_200581343<

But without the wheels, and no lip on the top (so I can put a wood counter
top over it.), oh yeah, and about a 1/3rd of the price!

I can't find anything anywhere like this.  This is for a stationary
cabinet.  Ideally I will have two of them, side by side.

I found a cheap one on sale...

>http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200582752_200582752<

But it doesn't look that sturdy.  Nor does it allow me to put them end to
end (unless I cut the top down.)

So, does anyone know of a source to check for these?  Am I crazy for not
needing a rolling toll cabinet?

TIA.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson