Re: [Shop-talk] camry hybrids

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] camry hybrids
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:41:34 -0800
On 1/29/2013 8:47 AM, Mike Rambour wrote:
>  I firmly believe life is too short to not drive the car you want, I
> get 14MPG when I am lucky and if I didn't need to hear that 3.6l V8
> screaming at 8,000RPM inches behind me, I might get better mileage but
> I can't stop listening to it.  When my friend drives with me, we get
> to work with huge smiles and start off the workday with a smile, no
> matter how bad a day I had at work, just walking out to the parking
> lot and seeing my car lifts my spirits, fire it up and my smile is back.

You know...I have to agree with this too. I somewhat reluctantly bought
a CTS-V to replace my totaled Jetta TDI. I wanted another one just like
the Jetta but couldn't find it and bought the CTS-V almost on a whim.
I'd always wanted one, but it never really seemed like a mature decision.

I really kind of hate to admit this on an open forum, but I sometimes
find myself revving the engine just to hear it after I start it. Like a
five year-old. It's pretty lame. There might be occasional giggling, too.

I also, uh, frequently take advantage of the engine and chassis to and
from work, the grocery store, to pick up the kid...wherever.

The only drawbacks are the abysmal gas mileage and the latent nagging
fear that I had better keep a better eye out for police cruisers. You
can get to 80 m.p.h. very, very easily and it won't feel like much at all.

Um, not that I do that. Ever.

But the car's a joy. I might still buy another really nice mileage
car...but I don't think I'll be without a car like the CTS-V again. It's
just too...fun...to give up.

Scott