Re: [Shop-talk] camry hybrids

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] camry hybrids
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:33:23 -0800
On 1/29/2013 7:07 AM, John Miller wrote:
> There's something about the last couple generations of Camry - the
> driving position, somehow - that's just a little off for me.   All the
> late-model Toyotas I've driven have flat, slabby seats that presumably
> are compromised for the three-hundie buyer, but I'm not and I don't
> like them.   And the shape suffers somewhat (not as bad as a Merc CLS,
> but enough that even my car-ignorant sister-in-law would notice) from
> shrinking-window syndrome.

You know, I've been friends for a long time with a Camry person. She's
had the last four generations of them. And I have to agree--I like each
successive generation less and less. The last one was the car that made
me finally understand what everyone was talking about when they talked
about a 'transportation appliance', but I agree with you that the
comfort factor seems to go down each time too. But that's a personal
preference. Clearly she likes them, or she wouldn't keep buying them.

I've liked all the Priuses I've been in, but that might just be because
I want to like them. Dunno.

Scott