Re: [Shop-talk] camry hybrids

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] camry hybrids
From: Shannah Miller <shannahquilts@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:52:14 -0800
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I hope your wife is okay.

I can't speak to whether or not you should buy
the Camry.

However, we have an 2005 Prius with about
98,000 miles on it, and we aren't anywhere near
buying new batteries.  Ours are working just
great.

We are taking it in for an "intermediate drive shaft"
recall tomorrow morning.

That points up what is, to me, the big thing to look
at with the car: what recalls have there been on it,
and which ones have been done?  Yes, they are
paid for by Toyota (or, at least, ours have been) but
it's a pain in the neck to have to drop the car off,
especially if you need two, as you do.

Otherwise, if it's been serviced regularly, I would
think that I'd be willing to take a chance on it.

If you have more technical questions, you might
try Luscious Garage's website.

http://www.lusciousgarage.com/

Carolyn, John, and the other techs are very good
about answering questions, and taking seriously
the concerns of car owners.

Shannah