Re: [Shop-talk] premade drawer box

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] premade drawer box
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 18:58:21 -0700
> If you have access to a miter saw, or are good with a
> circular saw, you
> can make your own drawer box from material that Rockler sells

Or make your own from clear hardwood, available at the big box place.  Last
time I borrowed time on a friend's table saw to cut the dado (multiple
passes with a standard blade since neither of us had a dado blade), but you
could make do with a circular saw and some guide boards clamped to the board
you are working on.  I've also done it with a router.

For a drawer that wide, you might also want a stiffening rib or two across
the bottom.\

-- Randall