Re: [Shop-talk] premade drawer box

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] premade drawer box
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 14:56:06 -0500
David,

If you have access to a miter saw, or are good with a circular saw, you
can make your own drawer box from material that Rockler sells
(http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=204&site=ROCKLER) All you need
to do is make the sides, front and back of the drawer box using this
product, then cut a bottom out of 1/4" plywood, glue and screw/nail it
together and put guides on. Rockler also had the guides.

When you make the box, the front and back should be lapped by the sides
for strength. Most side-mounted guides require 1/4" clearance to the
opening on each side of the box (1/2" narrower than the opening).

If you need more information, please ask me.

Peace,
Pat.

Thusly spake David Scheidt, On 9/2/2012 1:18 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001