Re: [Shop-talk] Dead PC

To: <mark@bradakis.com>, "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dead PC
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:38:06 -0500
While I have been known to overlook very simple things and make my job far
harder, in this case I am certain the power source is good, the cord is good
and the connection to the computer is good.  That doesn't mean I am not
overlooking something very simple, just that those particular simple things
have been covered.  I'll see what I can learn tomorrow about replacement power
supplies.

BTW: one thing I have learned is that CO2 dectors are deliberately designed to
fail 7 years after first plugged in.  I don't remember exactly when I bought
mine, but 7 years seems about right, so it appears that it is just a
coincidence that both failed while I was gone.