Re: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 12:33:21 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
Guess I may have misunderstood mark's post. I assumed he was getting complaints, off list, about OT posts.

Back to my issue....

I have tried baits. The peanut butter based one I used was drawing bugs of all sorts including one beatle that got it's head stuck in the trap and there it died. I will look for the other types/brands suggested.

Cream of wheat? OK, I have enough hills to deal with, I will test this method on one of them.

As for the torch suggestion, I have one hill that is thriving around and under my fire pit so not sure how effective fire would be. But, I will say this, IF I resort to this method, it won't be with a torch, I would pour gas and then be able to stand back and light a "fuse". Hell, I have enough hills, I will gas one as well.

I was told boiling water works. Any one ever heard of this method?

I am also tempter to dig one out, into my wheel barrow, until I find the heart of the nest and then the queen. I could then use the torch to kill the little bastards as they swarm out of the piles in the wheel barrow.....bwaahahaahahaahahaah fire fire!

Thanks everyone!
tim