Re: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE

To: gordies garage <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:13:30 -0400
Cc: "<shop-talk@autox.team.net>" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:message-id:cc:x-mailer:from:subject:date:to; bh=hfyfIQfgwHjajKY64Z+CwSd321L5mPyv42lI8mPhhAQ=; b=E8Gm2fvWaPd31dYwJ5R9gg8baf4bBq5OVL8QFP5pT+Hi2sNAUAn9Elbu+Wl9EjjOw1 h7w22Ur09DRWpO/41wTRXCJk3I6FG+su1ztgcAM7R2XT4qH4LD1w8XhGcwRiifS3ziNo S3wAlnHExl2ykDfv+XI9UDgmSVx6xuSP0Q8f42V3Q/iG5mCVgslr3L0StM5kfhAnO4io MSVf0neXTTJwRsgwj/bRVFz3+sEiGkOqalrGukH7Ye1u5vNOjGXqpJz5u3DfsdUV+EdY zmXEKJ2izpNSAsU8kAKXPJ6VFFjk+6yBIlhMeDO+1GAGsivD/1GM1bitztRCW47FQEKD T9Kg==
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
I'm a big believer in Terro ant killer.  Anytime we have ants I put a couple
of caps full out and they're all gone in a few days.

-Paul

On May 14, 2012, at 7:34 PM, "gordies garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have used Maxforce ant gel before with good success.  Just recently, I had
several rather large anthills in the front yard.  I happened to have some
leftover carpenter ant gel in a syringe that is injected through drywall next
to studs.  I simply dripped some of the gel where they couldn't miss it.  A
week later, all the ant hills are gone, at least for now.  I know they will be
back, but even my stale, 2 yr old gel took out a couple of very large
colonies.
> Available many places including
here...http://www.pestproductsonline.com/products/Maxforce_Ant_Killer_Bait_Ge
l_4_30_gm_tubes-81-0.html

> HTH
>
> Gordie

complaints, off list, about OT posts.

>> Back to my issue....
>>
>> I have tried baits. The peanut butter based one I used was drawing bugs of
all sorts including one beatle that got it's head stuck in the trap and there
it died. I will look for the other types/brands suggested.

>> Cream of wheat? OK, I have enough hills to deal with, I will test this
method on one of them.

>> As for the torch suggestion, I have one hill that is thriving around and
under my fire pit so not sure how effective fire would be. But, I will say
this, IF I resort to this method, it won't be with a torch, I would pour gas
and then be able to stand back and light a "fuse". Hell, I have enough hills,
I will gas one as well.

>> I was told boiling water works. Any one ever heard of this method?
>>
>> I am also tempter to dig one out, into my wheel barrow, until I find the
heart of the nest and then the queen. I could then use the torch to kill the
little bastards as they swarm out of the piles in the wheel
barrow.....bwaahahaahahaahahaah fire fire!

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/tputland@charter.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mg_garage@comcast.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/parkanzky@gmail.com