[Shop-talk] Bio diesel question.

Subject: [Shop-talk] Bio diesel question.
From: ejrussell at mebtel.net (ejrussell at mebtel.net)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:49:42 -0400
> I guess my question is, will I hurt anything if I drain (filtered) used
> cooking oil into my heat oil tank?
>
> This is mostly for a 'clean' way to dispose of the oil, and if I save a
> few pennies (and don't hurt the burner) that's a bonus.

I *assume* it won't hurt - in the same way adding a couple of gallons
of most anything that'll sort of burn into a few hundred gallons of
fuel oil 'won't hurt'. But I'm not sure why you'd bother. Why not give
it to someone who does make BioDiesel or drives a vehicle converted to
burn cooking oil?

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC