Re: [Shop-talk] Bio diesel question.

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Bio diesel question.
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:48:59 GMT
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
>From what I understand about "greasecars" that simply burn old fryer oil; you
get them up and running with the normal diesel fuel system and have a means of
warming the grease via engine heat, then you can switch over to the warmed
grease.  Then a few miles from your destination, you switch back to the diesel
to purge the grease from the system before shutting down. I would be concerned
about just dumping vegetable oil into my heating oil tank as I doubt it would
mix. But if you try it, let us know how it works out! I heard a story that a
fellow gear head once worked for Johnson and Johnson and occasionally ran his
diesel car on baby oil...
Matt